Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Rose Bud Lips Bridal Handmade Garter Review

Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue, ugh!  So, many superstitions how do I cover them all?  I think I found a way to cover 3 out of these 4 in one little package!  Instead of getting a boring garter, I found Rose Bud Lips Store of handmade items!  Her handmade garters looked amazing so, I ordered one for my wedding!  This way I have the Blue covered with the light blue hand made flower.  The old covered with the antique materials used to make the garter.  The new is covered by the fact that the garter is new to me!  Perfect!  Plus, it looks adorable!

Review of the Lace Wedding Garter French Inspired: The delicate lace brings me back to the feeling that was supposed to come with being a bride of being a delicate, cherished, gift to her husbands life.  Class and sophistication in the form of an intimate apparel!  It fits perfectly under a dress without adding bulk or uncomfortable tightness on the leg.  It is well made and I love the hand crafted flowers with just a few gems added for a light bling affect.  I don't like it when things seem to be over come with bling, but enjoy the addition of decadence without being overdone and looking like your trying.  Only problem is now I need to find a dress that is just as classy and refined as the garter that will hide under neath it!  The shop also benefits the Mercy Ministries (see more below in meet the shop owner).   

The Rose Bud Lips Store has been kind enough to offer us a 15% off discount for your entire order by using the code MOMMYMOMENTS!!!!!

Meet the Rose Bud Lips Store Owner Lauren:

A little bit about me: I'm 29, and a dreamer. I am a stay at home mommy in The Woodlands, and love to do what I do.

I have always been creative, and learned to sew at a young age. I was taught by my grandmother (Nana) and my mom (Tama). I have always loved fashion, and at a young age moved to New York City. I had the opportunity to intern for designer Cynthia Rowley, which was an amazing experience.

To tell you why I became a designer would have to be because of my sweet memories of being a little girl (about 4) and dancing around in my Nana's silk bed sheets (my cape), adorned with her costume jewelry. I felt like a princess. My Nana has collected jewelry from my family generations back, and I felt like each piece had a story. This inspired me to use antiques in my pieces. I love textures, antiques, fabric and jewelry. Together,
these form my concepts for my collection-- Making every woman feel beautiful.

I started the company in 2009, shortly after my mom passed away from Cancer. She was my best friend, and my biggest supporter. She was an artist herself, and she told me to follow my dreams and be creative. This motivated me to leave the marketing/PR world that I worked in for over 5 years. She has changed the course of my life, and I'm so excited for what the future holds. The name Rosebud Lips was actually the nickname that she gave me when I was little, then my little girl (her grand daughter).

The Mercy Project. Please know that each item that is sold through my shop directly benefits Mercy Ministries of America. They provide hope and healing to generations of desperate young women who are seeking freedom from life-controlling problems such as: drug and alcohol addictions; depression; eating disorders; unplanned pregnancy; physical and sexual abuse; self-harm. Go to www.mercyministries.org for more information.

Check out http://www.etsy.com/shop/rosebudlipsbridal to get your own special handcrafted wedding items!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mommy Moments with Abby

This Wedding Blog is Brought to you by:

Latest on Mommy Moments with Abby

Good Wedding Directory

4 Wedding Directory